This actually reminds me of the Boiling Frog Syndrome. It is up to us if we choose to jump soon or just stay longer even it is very obvious that the person you are dating is not ready to commit.
Most of us are dreaming of a committed relationship, but not all are the same. Some are actually in the best state of their relationship even without a commitment.
Sometimes by the time we realize that our partner avoids commitment, we already invested, and leaving us painful choice of staying or leaving our partner. Now this remind me of the lessons I’ve learned from “Boiling Frog Syndrome” rather than staying long and it makes you emotionally in trouble let us learn the signs of commitment-phobic, enabling you to get out sooner:
Usually they express their fear in these ways:
1. They honestly telling you straight that they are not going to commit into any relationship right now. Ouch lol
2. They might limit your time together and having difficulty in planning your date.
3. They are not able to express their feelings like avoiding saying “ I miss you” or ‘I love you”.
4. It is not clear or your role is not defined. You cannot refer to as GF or BF or either SO.
5. They are failing to open up emotionally, but caring is present.
In the end, it is still your choice if you want to be like a “frog” lol or maybe you are okay with a casual relationship. Or else, make a choice as soon as you realize that they don’t want to commit to you, very long wait…..now it is your call…JUMP out or die